Sunday, May 3, 2009

God and the World Theatre

Ron Paul has a point. We really need to stop telling the world how to run their lives. I know it ticks me off beyond belief to have my own government trying to run my life, can you imagine how it would feel to have another country try to do it? I think Jihad (as-sayf type) would be a calm movement compared to what some of my local brethren would do if such a situation happened here.

In bible study today, we took an entire class period to discuss God's will in history. Are the prophets writing it as it happens or are they recounting it after the fact? I know when things happen in the world today, it takes a great deal of thought and prayer to find the hand of God in it. If I wrote about it several years later, I might be able to find the lesson and the message. It certainly does make a difference in perspective.

When we as a nation get involved in other world conflicts, is it because we are trying to be good Christians or are we doing it to further our own interests (which goes back to my issues with the lamentation of Tyre in Ezekiel)? We think about Hitler when we think about moral "intervention" but Genocide is not a new concept in world history. Who are we to say that we know best? Inflicting our own morality into world politics is a slippery slope. Where do we draw the line. I think it is our job as Christians to give others the ability to choose a better way of life, but it is not the government's job to do so...nor it is the government's (or Christians) right to force it on them.

So if we were writing recent history from a God's will point of view...what do you think it would say?

No comments: