Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Amazing Grace

William Wilberforce: It's God. I have 10,000 engagements of state today but I would prefer to spend the day out here getting a wet arse, studying dandelions and marveling at... bloody spider's webs.

That quote came from one of my favorite movies that I was able to enjoy seeing again this past weekend. William Wilberforce was one of God's warriors, and his journey was a long one.

As I sit here on my back porch reworking today's schedule, I find myself drifting away from my extensive to-do list and "marveling at bloody spider's webs" on the rocking chair, listening to the melodious wind chimes, the birds singing in the trees and all the other little Spring harmonizing that occurs after a long winter sleep. God is good.

My primary Bill just got rolled for two weeks so today's trip to Nashville is out, I have pushed everything else out to the rest of the week...what do I do with the gift of time?

God's Amazing Grace, I get the hint.

No comments: