Monday, January 5, 2009

The New Year

Yep, the kids are back in school, the holidays (all month of them) are finally over and a fresh new year is ahead. I LOVE the new year feeling. I am always invigorated by a new project and a new year fits into that concept. New ideas culled from the down time will now be put into action, new planning begins for the spring and summer season. Spring signals the beginning of "business" for our little piece of paradise and summer is prime time...even (and especially) in a down economy.

The other exciting part of the new year is the start of our state's legislative session. I am a political junkie and I could eat, sleep and breathe politics if it paid my bills. My current legislative project deals with Off Highway Vehicles. I think in previous posts I have gone over the saga of why I got involved with this particular mission, but it mainly deals with justice and the little guy being heard. The mission also makes perfect economic sense for rural Tennessee. I will have three bills being presented this session. This will be my third year on the project and I should see a modicum of success due to the hard work and logic put into this project. Logic flew out the door the past two sessions because the state legislature was ruled by thug politics. But logic this session may see the light of day. Being a political purist, I am really excited by the concept of this new leadership team. We need heroes in politics.

Lastly, the New Year will bring elections for our county Republican party. I have been tapped to become Chairman and carry forward the success of our '08 victory. If the proposed team gets elected, the next two years should be alot of fun.

So heres to the New Year!

No comments: